Find a Cottage Reference:
Please make a selection to view a specific cottage by reference number.
Search By Region
Things to do
Here are some attractions you may want to visit while on your Snowdonia cottage holiday:
Parks & Gardens:
- Osprey Project Glaslyn Bridge Visit the only nesting osprey site in Wales, just 4miles from Porthmadog. Osperys are normally around April to September and the volunteers on site will help you identify these majestic birds. There is a cabin there with activities and cctv images of the nest site - and it's all free! Osprey Project Glaslyn Bridge Webcam
- North Wales Wildlife Trust The North Wales Wildlife Trust is one of 47 Wildlife Trusts across the UK and one of 6 Welsh Wildlife Trusts. Our vision is a North Wales rich in wildlife and enjoyed by all.
- Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways - Narrow gauge steam railway rides up the valleys of Snowdon
- Conwy Railway Museum - Located in the beautiful village of Betws-y-Coed adjacent to the British Rail station Conwy Valley Railway Museum is a must for all that enjoy trains. A miniature railway takes you on a 10 minute trip around the beautifully landscaped grounds. If you are lucky you may see wild rabbits grazing by the pond.
- Llanberis Lake Railway - Take a trip on the Llanberis Lake Railway at the foot of Mount Snowdon. The narrow-gauge steam engines haul their trains along the shores of beautiful llyn Padarn.
- Vale of Rheidol Railway - Travelling on the Vale of Rheidol Railway is the finest way to see the stunning Rheidol Valley. Opened in 1902, the railway has been delighting passengers young and old for over a century.
- Great Little Trains of Wales- A great website with links to all the steam trains in Wales
- King Arthur's Layrinth - King Arthur's Labyrinth is an underground storytelling adventure. Join your Dark Age Boatman and set sail through a magical waterfall, into the depths of the Labyrinth, to a world of myth and magic. As you explore the vast underground caverns of the Labyrinth, Welsh tales of King Arthur, and other ancient Welsh legends, are brought alive with dramatic scenes light and sound. A real adventure for all ages in all weathers.
- Green Links, Anglesey Bike Routes & Hire - To really appreciate what the wonderful landscapes and coastal scenery around Holy Island has to offer theres no better way than to cycle the quiet country lanes and roads that criss-cross this spectacular part of Anglesey.
- Celticos - There is more to North Wales than just Mountains. Looking for something different? Celticos offers guided themed & nature walks, craft & hobby courses in Snowdonia & Anglesey.
- Anglesey Sea Zoo - Exciting Family Sealife Tourist Attractions on Anglesey in North Wales.
- Tree Top Adventure Snowdonia - Tree Top adventure is a unique, fully equipped high ropes centre available to a wide range of customers.
- Local Angling Assciation Fishing on the Seiont, Gwyrfai and Llyfni rivers. Information on river levels, permit prices and season dates.
- Beddgelert Bikes - Beddgelert Bikes - Mountain Bike Hire, Sales and Service situated in Beddgelert Forest in the heart of the Snowdonia National Park, North Wales
- The National White Water Centre - The National White Water Centre is based on the River Tryweryn; a truly wild mountain river in the heart of North Wales and the venue for 3 canoeing world championships
- Outdoor Activities in North Wales, BBC - With some of the best natural and man-made resources in the UK for getting active outdoors, this region is a great playground. Find out from the experts how to get started.
- Antur Stiniog- Offer an unforgettably bonkers experience in activities such as walking, kayaking, history, nature, fishing, downhill mountain biking, wild camping and culture, encompassing all the uniqueness that Bro Ffestiniog has to offer!
- Inigo Jones - Discover the secret of Welsh slate. Take a self-guided tour which includes a DVD presentation, MP3 audio commentary and exhibitions on geology,history, calligraphy and letter cutting. Have a go at calligraphy. Also try and engrave on a piece of slate which you get to keep as a souvenir. There is a childrens quiz with a slate prize. We have a quality slate craft showroom as well as other Welsh and Celtic gift items and a display of slate garden products. Slate nameplates and plaques can be engraved to order. Café on site. We are open all year including weekends from 9am-5pm. Last self-guided tour 4pm.
- Corris Mine explorers - Explore the virtually untouched workings of an abandoned Welsh slate mine with one of Wales' top Mine Explorers. First worked in 1836 and abandoned by the miners 40 years ago, more than 130 years of mining history is captured inside awaiting discovery.
- Llechwedd Slate Caverns - Working slate mine -very popular and interesting heritage